Some days I wish I was a California girl. I may never be, but I’m not above day-dreaming about living with my family in a sweet little beach bungalow, where most of the walls are those accordion doors that stay open all day, and sunlight fills my cozy eat-in kitchen.
The reality is I do live near the water, there is a private marina at the end of my street! While it’s not exactly the beach, I could still channel that coastal vibe and transform my kitchen into a vintage inspired, relaxed space to cook, eat and celebrate. The centerpiece of this look is the retro looking fridge by Big Chill. I just love how friendly and old-fashioned it is, with it’s curved edges and horizontal handles.
Here are a few of the elements I would want to see every morning in my cheery, and beachy but all-blue kitchen:
- Shiny chrome finish knobs to pick up the abundant natural light. Knobs from the Chareau Collection on PullsDirect.
- Floor length curtains for softness and pattern. Aubusson fabric in Aegean by Richloom on Fabric.com.
- This fridge is the cornerstone for the design. Big Chill Original Size Fridge in Beach Blue. (Of course!)
- The light fixture is a reflective focal point, but it doesn’t detract from the laid-back beach cottage vibe. Possini Euro Pendant Lamp from LampsPlus.
- The rug is in keeping with the serene color scheme, and provides a subtle pattern. Tia Mark Making rug from Urban Outfitters.
- A timeless chair in a modern color. Boothbay Chair in Porch by Maine Cottage.
- A gallery wall of beach photography, just in case I don’t make it down to the water each day. This photo is by HazyTone on Etsy.
- This round and rustic pine table adds a warmth. Phill Table on Wayfair.