As Long As I’m Housebound…

19 Jan

There's alot to be said for simply having a warm house to hunker down in, to ride out an ugly winter storm. I'm so grateful for heat, power and plenty of rations!

I thought I might as well get a quick post up. It’ been snowing since Tuesday night, and in Seattle, that means you just shouldn’t leave the house. I’ve been contemplating the idea of home and the importance of feeling comfortable and warm, and using your space to best suit your needs. Decorate with the things you love, not just what looks good! Stay cozy Seattle!

Advertisements

6 Responses to “As Long As I’m Housebound…”

1. Marta January 19, 2012 at 11:56 am #

I couldn’t agree more! Being cozy at home on a snowy day… the best. And I love that you mentioned “rations.”

• paisleyandpine January 19, 2012 at 7:30 pm #

The only thing I miss is Triscuits! I ran out on Tuesday. I have been addicted to them in a bad way lately. I think I am going through withdrawl!

2. railwriters January 19, 2012 at 8:16 pm #

Amen to feeling comfortable in your space. It’s weird living with someone else’s furniture and stuff right now. Luckily she has great taste, so I don’t feel uncomfortable. Even before reading your post, I was thinking how grateful I am for that. If she were the flowery valance type, I’d be ready to back my bags and head back to Seattle about right now.

• paisleyandpine January 20, 2012 at 9:27 am #

Anything you can quickly add to bring a bit of your own style? Perhaps a couple of throw pillows for the bed, or a fun print for the wall? Maybe a snapshot of the Seattle skyline to remind you of home?

3. aimee January 20, 2012 at 10:38 pm #

Snow even in Seattle, I thought that had escaped the snow filled winters of your midwestern past! Think of the snow as a hug from your family in Illinois. We miss you!

• paisleyandpine January 21, 2012 at 12:11 pm #

Miss you guys too, I always get nostalgic when it snows!