The Nursery

28 Sep

Thomas’ room is almost complete, I’ve just got a few things on the punchlist, but it’s already a great place for him to play and a restful environment for napping and sleeping. The adjustment toward independence has been pretty smooth- Thomas likes crawling into his room and pulling out his books, but he has yet to sleep through the night like he used to!

Here are a few photos!

The white walls provide a good backdrop for the concert posters to pop. I've tried to used pool blue as the main color,with accents of mustard, red-orange and some leaf green.

All of the changing essentials are close at hand in this dresser. I have yet to find the right frames for the letter art I have to hang above the changing space. Dirty clothes get tossed into the blue and green strapping basket from Land of Nod.

The colors for the room were plucked straight from the quilt my mom made for Thomas. The club chair is a hand-me-down from my in-laws. It's pretty much exactly what we were looking for, comfy, neutral with a bit of color, and FREE!

The main thing I have yet to add is a rug. Once my grandma's rug arrives in October for the living room, I'll move the current rug into Thomas' room. He needs a soft place to sit and chew on his books! I'm also thinking about maybe just one big tub for all of his books and toys.

Advertisements

8 Responses to “The Nursery”

1. Jan Floto September 28, 2011 at 12:49 pm #

Betsy, Such a cute room. Can’t wait to see it live! Thomas looks like he is enjoying his room.

• paisleyandpine September 29, 2011 at 12:06 pm #

We can’t wait for you to see it too! Maybe you can help me hem the curtains!!!

2. Laura Kornelis September 29, 2011 at 4:32 am #

The room looks so light and airy and pretty,
    The baby is my favorite. Chewing on books, a family trait.

You know, by having multiple baskets for toys, you can put down just a basket or two at a time.
    Store the others.
    Also, he can eventually pack it and not be overwhelmed with how many toys are out.
    I had one big book shelf, but it was often emptied all over the floor.

just thinking.
    Laura

• paisleyandpine September 29, 2011 at 12:04 pm #

Good point! I think he can get overwhelmed by too many toys at times!

3. railwriters September 29, 2011 at 6:30 pm #

Thomas has such a rockin’ space. I’m so inspired by your approach to baby. You didn’t waste money on tons of things he’d outgrow. No 10-year-old wants baby animal art. They want cool band posters.

4. Katie Powell June 5, 2012 at 7:56 am #

I’m so excited I found this… I was searching for ideas for a nursery where I could use all of my husband’s framed concert posters (Most of which are Josh Ritter- we have something in common!) This is so cute and simple, I love it! Thanks for the inspiration!

• paisleyandpine June 5, 2012 at 11:52 am #

Glad you like it Katie! Super easy to do and not too expensive. The frames are just poster frames from JoAnn’s.